In just a few short years the legal cannabis industry has gone from a niche product area focused on small regions to one of the most dynamic high-growth economic sectors with an increasingly global footprint. The loosening of strict marijuana prohibition in a number of regions globally is opening up significant opportunity in this market, including medical and pharmaceutical products, fast-moving consumer goods, and even pet products. Despite the rapid growth of the legal cannabis sector, banking marijuana-related businesses remains extremely challenging in most markets, and the sector is hungry for financial services support.
Register today to attend this live webinar with Aite Group senior analyst Gilles Ubaghs, who will provide a snapshot look at the state of the global legal cannabis industry and what this means for financial services providers. With the market moving so quickly, it’s imperative that banks of all sizes keep track of how the market is changing and be ready to move when opportunity arises.
Key discussion points will include:
- An overview of the global state of the legal cannabis industry, including key jurisdictions for business development
- Forecasts of the market opportunity in both the U.S. and Canada, including insight on how truly global cannabis players are emerging
- Key regulatory hurdles for banks, including the Cole Memorandum and SAR filing requirements
- A look at how fintech players and alternative investment funds are filling in the gap left by the lack of servicing for the legal cannabis industry
- Recommendation on the realistic opportunities and threats facing any financial services provider targeting the legal cannabis sector