There’s no doubt it has garnered a lot of bad press but what have the positive impacts been of the move to report derivatives trades under Dodd-Frank and EMIR? For one, the evolution of trade reporting practices across the globe has spurred some firms to focus on improving OTC derivatives trade data and this, in turn, is having a positive impact on operational risk reduction. For another, regulators are now beginning to put the data to use and are focusing on harmonization and data quality across trade repositories.
Join presenters Virginie O’Shea, Research Director, and Will Woodward, Research Analyst with Aite Group’s Institutional Securities & Investments practice, along with Andrew Douglas, CEO, European Trade Repository at DTCC, for a complimentary webinar sponsored by DTCC.
Key discussion points include:
- The challenges firms faced and continue to face in trade reporting
- The current state of trade reporting – volumes and jurisdictions
- Where have benefits been realized?
- What still needs to be done from a regulatory harmonization and data quality perspective?
- What should firms bear in mind for the future in terms of standards and market practice adoption?